Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Summer 2010

I hope this summer is a blast. I can live without fields of empty drunkeness and I could really do with a nice summer rounded out with wholesome activities. Tired of being a bog of unhealth. I am 28 and three years of university has made me progress in many ways it also has made me regress in a few others and I wouldn't mind a calm, relaxed summer to prepare for the next academic year that's coming up. BBQ'ing? Yes. Fondue party? Yes. Running outside alot? Yes. Intense weight training? Yes. Occasionally dragging a couch outside on a sunny day and playing guitar on it? Yes. Movies with friends? Yes. Right now summer is waiting to arrive behind these gray clouds and cool wind gusts that raise the gooseflesh. I feel bad for not being able to go outside and enjoy myself today. I guess it'll be one of those "TV days" dammit. Once May 1st hits I'll be back on a health kick like no one's business working out harder than an upper middle class yuppie. Maybe its practice for when I'm a yuppie. Every year I take about three to four weeks off of running and the gym, once around December, another around the latter half of April to let my body and mind recharge and I'm at the end of my April break right now. My first couple weeks back in the gym will be very painful and my running sessions will be very wheezy. I wonder what this summer will bring. Any ideas? Now to make breakfast for lunch....

No comments:

Post a Comment