Friday, May 21, 2010

Status Quo

What are we fighting for?
Do you even know anymore?
Will you run when the sky crashes down?
The writings on the wall we can't ignore.

Where does the money go?
Do you even care to know?
You'll do anything for your status quo.

Keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine.
Keep your eyes on the floor.
Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
So just don't rock the boat.

They're trying to hurt democracy.
So they can benefit financially.
Who's side will you stand on when the soldiers come?

Where does the water go?
Will all the oil turn to a black snow?
How expensive will fresh water be?
Will it cost the same for you and me?

Someday we'll have to pay for fresh air.
Someday there won't be any trees.
Till then just keep cruising in your SUV's.

No matter what I buy won't make me happy.
No matter what I own won't make me see.
There's no pill to take to fit in society.
Spare the rod, spoil the adult appropriately.

You'll do anything for your status quo
You'll say anything for your status quo
You'll hurt anyone for your status quo

No comments:

Post a Comment