Friday, May 28, 2010

The Things I Want The Most

In the future all I want is hard working, resourceful, appreciative, self-sufficient children raised to be atheletic, musically talented and electronically inclined with networking skills off the charts. I don't want to raise obese, skilless, overly dependent, emotionally stunted piles of jello with no self esteem. Why do so many parents today raise infants to be children who turn thirty and are still not able to move out of the basement? I want to raise children to be adults who are out of the house by eighteen so the wife and I can enjoy the whole house to ourselves again and again. Is that so bad? I would like to see the helicopter parenting trend go the way of the dodo bird. I wonder if its just a social experiment of modern parents or if its here to stay and be the current standard of parenting? If it is I truly fear for the future of our country. If not, then no fear! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment